The Project Manager is responsible for the monitoring and control of the construction process through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure the project is built on schedule and within budget and for managing and ensuring site and office safety. The Project Manager is also responsible for the training and direction of Assistant Project Managers.
Fill out an Employment Application
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and enforces onsite job safety and implements, enforces, and effectively manages F&H’s safety policy and procedures
- Creates and enforces Project Task Assignment Check-List
- Negotiates with Architects, Engineers, and Building Officials with respect to project-related issues in the interest and full knowledge of senior management
- Manages and prioritizes a project budget in coordination with Estimating Department and ensures F&H is obtaining the best possible pricing; weighing and eliminating risk in the buyout process
- Monitors Project profit/loss projection reports and is responsible for the ongoing analysis of project buyout, savings, and contingencies
- Negotiates subcontracts, purchase order agreements, and cost control budgets
- Monitors physical development of plans and specifications to ensure compliance with budget and schedule
- Manages and coordinates activities related to the turnover of jobs from preconstruction or bidding stage to field operations including preparation and finalization of POs, subcontracts, Cos, and jobsite technique used in pricing, scheduling, staffing, mobilization, etc.
- With the assistance of F&H’s Risk Management team, reviews all contractual obligations, including general and special conditions pertaining to construction contract and identifies the high-risk provisions in the prime contract.
- Enforces provisions of the subcontract and PO. Ensures that the project team understands the aspects of the prime contract that relate to their specific responsibilities and demonstrates a thorough understanding of the prime contract checklist and implements project specific practices to mitigate risk to F&H.
- Manages all document control of RFI submittals, change orders, correspondence, permits, drawings, specs, and reports per F&H standard procedures
- Reviews the timely approval of all change orders and billings, and cost control budget adjustments.
- Recommends approval/rejection of Client CO
- Responsible for all aspects of the cost report; completes timely submittal of cost reports and effectively communicates risk and projections to senior management
- Participates in the development and creation of the baseline schedule. Evaluates overall project schedule and ensures milestones are met, updates job schedules, including three week look ahead schedule. Publishes and coordinates this information with Project Staff, Subcontractors, Vendors, Clients, and senior management on a weekly basis
- Communicates with all Field Personnel to ensure that all worksite operations are performed in accordance with the existing Project Schedule
- Maintains a delay log and inserts delays into the master schedule and send weekly notices to the owner
- Ensures that construction meets or exceeds established quality standards and completes F&H Quality Construction Follow-up program and oversees execution of the F&H Punch List
- Reviews and coordinates all building permit/certificate of occupancy requirements with appropriate local, state, or other authorities
- Resolves Subcontractor and Owner disputes in a timely manner
- Develops and trains Assistant Project Manager and Project Engineer III
- Conducts Annual Performance Reviews of Assistant Project Mangers, Superintendents, and Project Engineers as assigned by senior management
Leadership and Communication Skills
- Serve as company interface between Owner-Architect-F&H Team and is responsible for developing leadership, motivation, and communication with owners, subcontractors and project team and is accountable for their actions
- Ability to train personnel in an effective and positive manner
- Display a high degree of integrity and social responsibility during the performance of daily responsibilities
- Ability to collaborate with team and manage multiple tasks, produce work on a time sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Demonstrate good time management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ensures project goals and expectations are realistic, achievable, and revisited/revised at appropriate times during the life of the project
- Encourages input from onsite personnel, understands audiences, manages productive meetings, manages and builds team morale
- Negotiate effectively in all situations; settle differences while maintaining positive relationships
- Develop a business judgment in a manner consistent with F&H Company Policy and Procedures
- Provide value to each project through innovation and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to address an audience of various sizes and effectively communicate his/her message and ideas
Technical Skills and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of Prime Contract types, including lump sum, GMP, hard bid, negotiated, design-build, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of cost control, budgeting, and accurate and decisive cost reporting, billing and forecasting
- Familiarity of all aspects of building including site work, structure, finishes, envelope, MEP
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint); Knowledge of Adobe and Bluebeam
- Understands estimating software (SAGE) and how to successfully put together an estimate and present to colleagues and clients
- Has an operating knowledge of Primavera for project scheduling.
- Familiarity with database information flow/costing software
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and other BIM software
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture
- Five plus years of managing construction projects, to include at least two to three years as a Project Engineer or Superintendent or Assistant Project Manager
- LEED AP preferred
- OSHA 30, required within 90 days of employment
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Fill out an Employment Application
Disclaimer. This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The above job responsibilities, task, and duties may differ from the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. F&H is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.